Recent Posts

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Day With The Kids

So Josh and I both had the whole weekend off (something that will probably never happen again) so we decided to make it a fun one. Josh's brother, Spencer, had said he wanted to come up to see us and decided to bring Nate along (Josh's other brother). They called us Saturday afternoon to tell us they were coming and I told them they should call up my little sister Katie to see if she'd want to come, too. A couple of hours later, they all showed up at our front door. We decided to go to this place in Logan called the Celebration Center. I'd heard of it before, but had never been... it's one of those places that have go carts, slick tracks, mini golf, climbing walls, and bungee jumping. It also has some proto-type high thrill rides that we were pumped to do.

One was called the Sonic Boom. It's a 370 foot tall free fall (supposedly the tallest free fall in the country) and doesn't have breaks. Basically it's air that stops you. It's kind of like the Rocket at Lagoon, but about twice as tall and twice and fast. This ride freaked me out! This is us BEFORE the ride (that's when I was smiling still).

A video clip of the ride.


The kids... Nate, Spencer, Katie
They're bad to the bone...
Me and Katie... Laura is in Europe so she missed out on the fun...
Nate and Spence on the Sonic Boom...

The Sky Sling. Another crazy ride. There are 6 seats on this ride- 4 are harnessed and 2 aren't. Basically it's like a giant sling shot that shoots you into the air at 2.5G. I don't know exactly how fast that is, but Katie and I were freaking out. The unharnessed seats tilted back and forth and you were basically betting your life on a seatbelt. I can't imagine getting up the guts to do that- but Josh and Spencer loved it.
Screamin Swing.... WAY FUN! You swing like 65 feet above the ground at like 50 miles per hour. We did this one over and over again.

Mid Air!

My oh-so-attractive husband...
Mini Golf... Nate rocked us all...
Rock Climbing... Spencer, Nate, and Katie....
Josh, Nate, and Liz...

After hours at the Celebration Center, we were hungry and headed back to our place. We barbequed up some yummy steak with mashed potatoes, rolls, and veges. Our parents should be SO proud! The boys also had a fun time taking our scooter out and about in the neighborhoods. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to the kids so they could head back to Murray.

Josh and I spent Sunday at our new ward (which we really enjoyed) and lazying around at First Dam. It's about time the sun is coming out and making it warm enough to lay out, read a book, and take a lazy Sunday afternoon nap outside!

8 love notes:

Lindsey said...

Just so you know, I will never ever be going on any rides like those. Not even for a million bucks!

Megan said...

SO FUN! I have never been there and it's down the street. I would love the swing thing. Fun honeymoon. Glad you guys are married, cute couple.

Megan said...

Holy moly! It was so fun to see a comment from you! I saw that you got married, Barbara had your announcement at work. And yes, I'm still at PCP so you should definitely come and say hello. Looks like you had a super fun honeymoon. Welcome to the elite club of married people

brynne frei said...

Hey Liz! I totally don't mind you creeping my blog because I love looking at yours. That day looks like so much fun too! And about my boots...have Laura pick some up for you while she's in Europe! That way no one will have the same ones :) Mandi got mine for me in Romania or else I'd tell you to go get some haha

adam said...

It was so great to talk to you on Sunday!! I'm glad that everything is going well in Logan town, you both deserve it.

Anyway, I love you and yes, I'm still fat and pregnant.

Lindsey said...

Why'd you quit your job already? I

Lindsey said...

We are going to Cort's sister's b-day party on saturday night.....80's themed! Other than that, no. Cam has to work till 6 though. Remember to bring those GRE books for me.

*~*stacy*~* said...

We need a roadmix for the trip to Vegas!!!

Post a Comment

i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!