ok, ok, it's not what you're thinking. we're not pregnant (and won't be for years) but like any other newlywed couple, josh and i constantly talk about how many kids we're going to have, whether they'll be boys or girls, and what their names will be. however, we have totally different opinions on the subject. josh wants boys, i want girls. josh wants 2 or 3, i want 5 or 6. josh wants to name his first born son thor, i won't have it. we can name our dog thor. so, my friend ashlee posted this baby name website on her blog and it has been so entertaining! i told josh that since we can't decide on names (and since we have no control over the gender), the baby-name-genie may be the only one to solve our baby-naming problem. so, i've decided to post some of our favorites that have been generated by this website:
little girls1- kayla thalia hankins
2- kyra gretchen hankins
3- luna miracle hankins
4- violet ryan hankins
5- priscilla galilea hankins
little boys1- nash gabriel hankins
2- jan ryder hankins
3- leroy theodore hankins
4- keanu titus hankins
5- sullivan josiah hankins
ok, so when i said favorites, i meant classics- some of them are pretty bad! but it sure is funny to see what kind of names get randomly put together. they did have some cute names though that josh and i hadn't thought of that we actually agreed on, so maybe this website isn't a total joke! anyway, if you want something to do to kill a little time or to bug the crap out of your spouse (josh was getting so annoyed with all the names i was spitting out), this is sure thing!
http://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-name-generator/
10 love notes:
That's really funny you mentioned Thor. At church yesterday the baby blessed was name Thor, and as soon as it was over I turned to D'rae with a big smile on my face, and knowing what I was thinking she just said, "NO!" So I guess we aren't naming our first boy Thor either.
I am going to admit, I almost crapped my pants when I say the name of your post!! I even used a few choice words!! Then, I read further and my blood pressure was able to go down. Tell Josh that I will not have a nephew named Thor......Cortney's dad has a little rat dog named Thor. Stick to the basics!! Remember, the kid is stuck with the name you give them FOREVER!! Also, remember they do have to learn how to spell it! Enough teacher ranting!
So, the plan for tomorrow.......Cam ad I are leaving SLC about 4ish, in hope to beat the Davis County rush hour traffic. What can I bring for our BBQ? Dessert? Salad? Let me know!
Also, Cam is working a 12 hour day on Friday so I thought I would spend the day in Cedar City with Jaynannie. I would love a car buddy if you are available that day! I can't stay too late in the night, cause I have to work at Millcreek at 6:30 Saturday morning (gotta save up for VEGAS!!!). Let me know if you can make the trek with me!
See you tomorrow! I am so excited to see your digs!!
I am so thrilled that you found endless hours of entertainment from this website too! Baby names are always a fun topic no matter how far off actual children are.
This is cute and I am glad you nixed the name Thor (sorry Josh). But I have more pressing matters to discuss! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT DEANNA PICKED JESSE!!! I had a pit in my stomach the whole time and I was just dying afterwards. It doesn't seem right! I felt so bad for Jason--he is seriously a sweetheart and so cute! I don't think Deanna and Jesse even look good together (I know that is mean..) Anyway I just wanted to comment because I know you were watching too and from what I remember you were rooting for Jason like I was.
Hey Liz, it's Heidi Lindsay's sister! I was so hoping you were prego when I read baby time! I wanna make you some cute baby bows! I love this site, they come up with some funny names!! I'm going to tell all my friends to check it out! Thanks for sharing, let us know when it really is "baby time"!
Liz- I like you more and more every day. First, you write a nice comment to me, without actually even knowing me, and now you are X'ing the name Thor for your son. I agree, it would make a great dog's name, but definitely not a little boy's name. Unless he had a super deep voice from birth. Then there would be no better name than Thor! Otherwise, stand strong."Say No to THOR", "Say No to THOR". It's going to be my new slogan.
Holy crap that thing is addicting! I played with the baby name genie forever! It's pretty funny, I actually liked a few of the names it threw out, but the rest just made me laugh!!
Too funny. WE can't even talk about names until we are at the hospital because Mike just throws out silly ones and I want him to be serious. I don't think Thor is a name either. GOod luck when the time does come.
Me and Brody do the same thing with names and number of kids and such... it's fun to talk about even when you know it won't happen for a while! Thankfully we agree on most names. There are a few that I like that he doesn't, so maybe this website can solve our problem or at least give us some good laughs! Thanks for the fun post.
My favorite name was Keanu. I'm sure Josh loved that one! Baby time doesn't have to be that far away.... !!
Post a Comment
i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!