Recent Posts

Thursday, September 18, 2008

ninja night

so our friend eric had his birthday this past tues.  josh and i really wanted to do something special for him for his birthday.  a couple of weeks ago, we did dinner with andrea and eric and i brought those smores treats (remember previous post?) and he loved them!  so, we decided that we'd make him this treat and take it over to their place monday night so he would wake up to a fabulous birthday surprise as he was headed off to school.  so, monday night after i got home from sabor, josh and i got to work.  we made the treats in record time (and they were definitely delicious).  then, we had to wait while the treats cooled down and also till we figured the rubens would be sleeping.  it was after 12:30 when we finally decided to execute operation eric.  and what would this operation be without a little costume change?


so josh and i became ninjas for the night.  i think deep down inside, it was a dream come true for josh.  if any of you know josh well, you'd know he has a secret (well, not really secret) desire to be a full time ninja.  he will bust out his black shirt to cover his face at the drop of a dime.  i think he was proud that now he can dress up with his wifey.

we were sneaky as we scoped out their apartment.  we made sure all the lights were off and that their neighbors wouldn't bust us.  how funny would it have been if we would have gotten busted though?  would you ever expect two married adults running around at 1 in the morning dressed all in black with shirts tied around their heads?



everything went according to plan and we were quite proud of ourselves.  maybe we'll start making all of our friends' birthdays an excuse to bust out the ninja moves... watch out!



7 love notes:

Drae said...

That is so much fun! I think Jon and I might have to institute some type of ninja night to dress up. I think everyone has a ninja inside. We'll probably get sent to jail in the downtown SLC. We'll have to come to Logan to do it. P.S. You look like real, live ninjas. I'm just sayin'.... School for Ninjas, home of the Mighty Samurai is looking really good on you guys right now. :)

Katie said...

Um...my birthday is March 28...mark it on your calendar! Oh...and I have crazy neighbors, so if you're REALLY up for a good time, put your ninja-ness to work with a little toilet papering job...just an idea....

Lindsey said...

Oh my.......what more can I say? Did it bring back memories of asking people to dances? You guys are hilarious!

How is the Mac treating you?

Hankins Blog said...

Wow. You guys are having way too much fun! Who knew a t-shirt could look so good!

Kylee said...

You guys are awesome! I bet he loved that, and it looks like it was a lot of fun for you too!

The Rubens said...

You guys are too cool. I gained 10 pounds eating those smoores though. I blame the two of you for every ounce of it :) Seriously though, it made my birthday. And I'm glad you didn't get caught too cause we live in a pretty tough part of town and who knows what would've happened.

Krissey said...

You guys are hilarious! I want in on your fun next time... it's not everyday you get to dress up like ninjas.

Post a Comment

i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!