Recent Posts

Monday, February 9, 2009

i don't have time for this

if someone would have been home today with me and took a picture, this is exactly what i would have looked like.  i never get the nausea, vomitting, headache, cramping sicknesses.  ever.  so of course it hits me like a ton of bricks today when i have about a thousand other things to get done.

i thought i was just feeling super out of shape and weak at this morning's booty camp (details on booty camp will have to come another time).  i kept feeling sickly but i figured it was just because i had done about 200 squats and 150 lunges in less than an hour and my legs felt like jello.

but then i had to take a test at 9 am this morning and i couldn't even read the test questions.  my eyes kept wigging out on me and i was getting hot flashes (and i know it's a little too early to be going through menopause).  i pretty much turned in my test and ran to the bathroom and sat there for like 10 minutes with my heart racing, my head throbbing, and my breathing out of control.  

mondays are super busy for me and i had so much to get done today, but i left school early (didn't even stay for a hearing aid evaluation that i had at 10:30), made it to the porcelain throne just in time (3 different times... sorry for the over-share) and have been laying on the couch ever since.  

and to make matters worse, the snowstorm outside is covering my satellite dish.  that means no television for the evening (because i'm too weak and tired to go scrape it off) which means no bachelor.  i'm basically freaking out and can't wait till the episode gets put on abc.com.  in the meantime, i'll lay here and wallow in my own self pitty.  

14 love notes:

Lindsey said...

YOU HAVE THE SAME PLAGUE THAT I HAD!!!!! It sucks!! I totally feel for you!!!!! I will go away.....I promise. It make take 2 weeks (sorry, that is how long it took me to shake it :( ).....but it will go away.

Kylee said...

Sad Liz!!! I hope you feel better soon. I hate throwing up.

Hilary said...

Sorry you've been feeling poopy.

Long showers or baths always make me feel better, but then I just want to curl up in a naked ball on the floor afterwards.

Haha.

Brian and Kim said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I don't know what's worse, the stomach flu or strept throat. I hope you are feeling better today. It sucks trying to get through school and that. Get some rest!!

Bailey Family said...

LIz I hope that you get feeling better! Poor girl! i hate being sick!! Do you think you guys will still plan on coming down tomorrow?

MILLS said...

That is not fun at all! I wish I lived closer so I could have come and cleaned off your dish for you :( I hope you start to feel better soon!
Hope we get to see you when you are down here!

schielefamily said...

I am soo sorry. Being sick is aweful and spending lots of time on the toi is just more aweful. I hope you get better soon. You are in my thoughts. Hang in there.

The Davis' said...

Liz I hope you get better! Poor girl you sound so sick.Let me know if you need anything!

fagergrenfam said...

Girl that sucks!!! I think no satellite would have put me over the edge. Hang in there. If I were there I'd clean off your satellite, get ya the pepto and a warm blanket. Heck I'd even hold back your hair when you are bent over the loo. Love ya hope you get better soon!

Austin and Maren said...

Liz, maybe your pregnant... : )

The Kippen House said...

You're so funny! Sorry you're sick, but I was thoroughly entertained by your story! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Katrina said...

Hey Liz I am so sorry you are sick. That is the worst. I have had that same thing before well actually twice.... and I have two kids, if you get my drift

brynne frei said...

oh no! i'm sorry you were feeling so crappy...hopefully it's gone by now. i'm with hilary - long showers and baths are so dreamy to me when i'm sick. that was before i moved to school at least. i think i'd get a disease if i took a bath in my tub right now hahaha.

Kylee said...

How sad that you didn't get a picture of the street with your name on it!! It's not a very common thing so I'm glad I was able to help your case on the subject! You should go back a get a pic if you remember where it's at!

Post a Comment

i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!