

On Wednesday night, Josh and I were just hanging out in our family room... we just happened to look outside in our backyard just in time to see 4 little kittens! We opened up the door and they all ran away, except for this brave little guy. We tried to find something in our house to feed them (I know you're not supposed to feed stray cats or dogs, but these little guys were SO small and looked so hungry!) and figured tuna fish would be the only thing they would enjoy. This little guy was the only one with enough guts to risk his life for a little food. We ended up luring him into our house and Josh shut the door, but it just scared the crap out of him! The kitten was wigging out, hissing, and tried scratching Josh. I don't really care for cats (kittens can sometimes be cute) so I told him to let the cat go. We put some more food outside for his little friends and they all were able to fill up on fish that night. They still hang out in our backyard but they are terrified of humans so as soon as we go back there, they scram. There are 2 gray striped ones, one black one, and my favorite is a cream colored one with a black nose, ears, tail, and paws. He's the cutest but the most shy out of all of them. These cats have officially cleaned us out of all of our tuna fish.

On Saturday, my parents came up to spend the day with us. My mom hadn't seen our house yet so it was fun to show her around and let her see what has been keeping me busy these past few months. We went to my place of employment for lunch- Cafe Sabor- and it was yummy as usual. We then headed to the temple to do a session there. I like having my mom there with me since I'm still new at the whole thing! After the temple we headed to get some world famous AGGIE ICE CREAM!
My dad and I always get ice cream when he comes up to Logan, so we had to keep the tradition going strong. This time I branched out from my usual Strawberry Cheesecake to try their Raspberries and Cream ice cream and I was thoroughly impressed. They also make the best waffle cones that I just can't resist. After my parents left, Josh and I headed out for a scooter ride and decided to hit up a movie to end the day off right.Josh and I always try to plan an outing on Sunday afternoons after church and this past Sunday I put Josh in charge of deciding where we should go. After church, he told me he wanted to go to Maple Grove Hot Springs up in Idaho. We have been there before and it's about an hour's drive from here (well, it's supposed to be as long as Josh follows the directions. When he doesn't follow directions, it takes about an hour and a half). When we got there, it was still super hot outside, way too hot to sit in the hot springs, so we decided to play in the river that runs right along the springs/campground. The river is very slow-moving and looks more like a big lake than anything and the water was cold but felt so good since it was so hot. We then hopped into a canoe and paddled around the river a bit. Well, let's be honest, Josh paddled and I enjoyed the ride.


Ok, so Josh has been bugging me for the past year or so to get a pair of Chacos. Honestly, I don't consider myself much of a Chaco wearer, but he was adamant that I get a pair. My friend Danielle had the same issue with her husband and she ended up getting a cute pair that she said she really liked. So, one day while I was at work, Josh went and picked out a pair or Chacos for me. He figured if he took me with him, I'd never decide on pair and would only complain that they cost too much. He's probably right. Anyway, this is the pair he picked out for me. I don't think he realized it, but it's the same pair that Brian had Danielle get. I'm still getting used to them and told Josh not to expect me to wear them all the time, but for a day of canoing and walking around in the mountains was the perfect time to start breaking them in. This picture makes my feet look really fat and I need a pedicure in a bad way.

Our Monday nights are always spent watching this man:
Well, I guess you can say we watch as he attempts to win the heart of the beautiful DeAnna on the Bachelorette. I have never been into this show (thanks to Kelsey and Lauren who got me hooked) but from the first episode, I've been cheering Jason on and it's finally down to 2 bachelors and Jason seems like an obvious pick! He is such a romantic, he's so cute, so nice, gets so excited and practically runs to DeAnna every time he sees her... he's perfect! And to top it off, he's a single dad to the cutest little boy named Tye and seriously watching the father-son bond they have is absolutely adorable. The other finalist is Jesse- a long haired pro-snowboarder that I didn't even think would make it past the first rose ceremony. But he has continued to stay in the competition by building up a friendship with DeAnna, but I really think the end of the road is coming soon for poor Jesse. He's just not the "right" guy for DeAnna and Jason is! I'm so excited for the finale next Monday I can hardly stand it. Even Josh is into this show- that says a lot!To end the week off right, Josh's parents came up to visit us last night. We went to dinner with them at Hamiltons- a nice steak house here in Logan that is actually the sister restaurant to Cafe Sabor (where I work). The meal was fabulous and it was fun to have Dave and Kristi up here to play with us for the night. Josh even took Kristi on a scooter ride! They were also lucky enough to see the kittens in our backyard as we fed them another can of tuna. Well, that pretty much sums up the week's events... I'm excited for this week, too because it's the 4th of July as well as the "Cruise-In", which is the biggest car show in Utah. I've never been here during the summer to see the parade of cars and enjoy the festivities, but I hear it's super fun and we're definitely looking forward to it!
8 love notes:
SO basically your life is just like mine right now...haha!
I was wondering where those kittens went! Now they spend their time on your side-since there's tuna! I wish they weren't so shy too, but then I don't exactly want to have to take care of them either...
I have an idea. Maybe we should watch the Bachelorette together. I have been rooting for Jason since the beginning too! I wish I had placed money on the whole thing! I'd be rollin it in. I'm 99% sure she'll pick him over Jesse. I can't believe they have to meet her family at the same time. Awwwwkward.
K, see ya at the Cruise in! (Or...outside...haha)
okay that post was amazing!! i loved it! so first of all...Im trying to climb a tree that was impossible to climb! haha but it works because we look cute and the tin foil dinners..man that was awesome, we are going to have to try that again. PRE-COOKED. :) second dont feed stray kittens, especially ones that are hissing at you, you crazy girl!! gee wiz. Third we need to go do a session, maybe after i've been a couple times because I am no pro thats for sure!! and AGGIE ICECREAM we need to get ASAP! since Bri is a aggie ice cream virgin! hahaha Fourth, how fun are you two that you do something great every sunday after, I wish that we had sunday afternoons to do something great. We get out of church at 4 and then by the time that dinner is done and everything its to late to do anything. and...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chacos! man we are twiners! You honestly will love them. I wasnt a chaco girl either but now I want another pair. They are a little rough on your feet but you will end up wearing them more then you thought you would!! ahh Im so happy you got a pair! NICE Work JOSH!!! and lastly, we need to get together for the Bachelorette finale because Bri has been getting into it to! I'm not sure if he is just making fun of me when I freak out about something or what but its funny anyways. I am totally rooting for Jason which Im sure that she will pick him!! Good thing because I agree Jesse is just not for her! haha Anyways Love ya girl. See ya soon
liz, this is your husband. stop falling in love with jason. thank you.
Please tell me that is Josh who actually wrote the comment at the bottom. Oh I adore that boy. I hope you have a fun and happy 4th in Utah!! We got today off for work so I'm still in my pjs and it's 2 pm.
Deanna better pick Jason--if she picks Jesse I will just die!!! I know she wants a family so bad so since the beginning I thought she would pick Jason since he has a kid and all...but I thought Jeremy was a little hottie--too bad he was so awkward. It was so sad on the boys tell all episode when he said he was still in love with her! =( Good news is she is engaged so after she said that I really really think it's Jason---I CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK. I never watch TV but this show has me hooked! I'm glad to find someone else besides me is so into it! =)
oh and p.s the cruise in is amazing--It's so weird that you two are in my home town. I want to see pictures as I have not been to a cruise in in about 6 years =( I'm jealous!
LIZ! I'm so glad you found my blog too! Blogs are the best. I'm so excited to see more what's going on in your life! It sounds like you've had a lot of fun so far! Well lets for sure go camping sometime, maybe a weekend would be best? I don't know, we'll figure it out. Talk to you soon!
Hi Liz, I finally found you. Email me at kjfagergren@msn.com and I'll send you an invite to mine.
Love you pics!!
--Kim
Post a Comment
i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!