

this was one of my favorite displays of the night... noah's ark. it's probably hard to see, but i loved the detail they used to add character to all the animals. i especially loved the elephant bums and the bow on the female's behind


this one was cute because it was done by a preschool class. i couldn't help taking a picture


this was an operating room. the pumpkin on the operating table had its guts (all its seeds and goop) pulled out and spread around him. very creative


the sword and the stone. i loved this movie when i was young!


hansel and gretel. super cute with the lollipops made out of squash

so, anyone who lives in logan has come across brent at least once. he is a guy who rides around on his bike and honks and waves at everyone. you could be having the worst day ever walking around campus and just one beep of his horn and a wave and a smile from him can turn your mood around. i love how the theme this year was heroes and one group came up with this. well done!

josh and krissey. like i said, mike and michelle came with us but for some strange reason, i didn't get their picture!

wednesday was a day josh has been looking forward to since may. it was the season opener for the utah jazz. last season, josh and i got addicted. yes, i'll admit it. we watched every single game, even if we weren't together (nights i was working at the cheesecake factory, i always swapped to work in the bar area so i could keep one eye on my tables and the other on the game. i was also fortunate enough to serve the jazz players after many of their games... that was a highlight!) anyway... wed was the first game and josh was stoaked. i got home from school late that night but the second i walked in the door, josh made me put on my jazz shirt (kyle korver's number, of course). he was already in jazz shirt and shorts. we ordered pizza and watched the jazz win their first game of the season. (i am currently watching the jazz play the clippers. let's hope by the end of the night we are 2-0)

so i had to work all day on halloween. it was fun to see all the cute kids dressed up in their costumes. it makes me so excited to have kids one day so i can put them in oversized costumes, paint their faces, and have people gawk at them all day long. it will be fabulous. we were supposed to dress up for work but i didn't really have any costume that i wanted to wear that i wouldn't mind getting dirty (us servers have a difficult time keeping ourselves clean). so i didn't dress up during the day shift and definitely got crap for it. so, during my break, i decided i'd borrow some of josh's coveralls and dress like he does everyday for work. i made sure to add some grease (it was actually smeared pencil) all over my face, neck, and arms. just what josh looks like after a rough day at work. i was sad that i had to work and missed out on all the fun parties our friends had for the night, but it's ok... we'll just plan on attending next year with some killer costumes.


the sabor gang all dressed up

this is my boss's daughter, london. she was dressed up as boo from monster's inc. her costume was adorable (i don't think she liked it very much though, the hat kept bonking her in the face) and my boss and his wife actually made it all for her. see what i mean... halloween is fun when you have kids to dress up!

the last news of the week is that josh and i have officially hit the 6 month mark. that's right, 185 days of pure marital bliss. the mini-anniversary was on thurs but i had to work that night, so we celebrated it today. we slept in, got some breakfast, and headed up to bear lake. the drive was beautiful! when we returned to logan we decided to eat at blackstone because we've never tried it. it was alright, not too much to say about it. i'd probably take a salad from sabor next time for half the price but whatever. anyway, it was a great day and i was happy to spend it with my hunny. it's crazy how fast time flies, but then again, i feel like we've been together forever!!

11 love notes:
Happy 1/2 Anniversary!!
Love, Mom
I love the Brent one! He's the greatest.
Where I used to work, he'd come in to our office every day and bring us newspapers, hunting guides, advertisements, whatever was printed and ready to give away for free.
I can't believe I missed the famous pumpkin walk!
Happy 6 month Anniversary!!!
The pumpkin walk looks like fun, call me next year and we'll come up and see.
Go Jazz!! I'm sure we'll be watching all the games also.
Are you coming out for Thanksgiving? I hope we see you there.
I love that all the servers had to dress up! Was is very busy that night? I'm thinking it would either be extremely busy or extremely slow.
I love the pictures of the pumpkin walk. They are darling! You Logan people sure do have a lot of "festivals" and things of that nature. I guess that is what small town folk do.
Happy 6 months of marital bliss. Whoever said the first year is the hardest, was nuts!
Miss you guys! Come visit soon so we can see you guys!
I am so glad that I have you to remind me of all the fun things that I am missing out on in Logan. You just had to throw out my favorite thing pretty much... the pumpkin walk!!! No but really i am just happy that you are sharing your pictures and experiences with me because I cannot be there at least I can feel like I was:) Happy 6 month to you and Josh, gosh time really does fly! Actually I was just barely deleting the pictures from your wedding off of my camera. I have had them uploaded on my computer forever but I guess 6 months later is a good time free up some memory space right? haha! I guess I just want to remember your special day and look back on it eveytime I review the pictures on my card. love you guys!
hey! we went private on our blog and would love to stay in touch! please email us your email at dancepro67@hotmail.com thanks!
I had no idea you guys were such big Jazz fans! You sound exactly like us!!! We watch EVERY game, and everyone we've invited over in the past never quite seem to get as excited as we do. You guys will have to come over and watch a game with us, it would be a blast!
love the post! i miss seeing you all at church already! :( so, i didn't know you worked with jocelyn! your gonna have to let your hair grow fast so you can get back into me again!
Oh how I loved the pumpkin walk!
Happy 6 month Anniversary. I'm so glad you are enjoying married life, it's the best.
I love the pumpkin walk, I wish we were still in Logan so we could take Alex and Mya to it. We'll have to try to be up there next year for it.
Post a Comment
i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!