ok, i know you're out there. you crazy people who run for fun. i'm talking those of you that get up at the crack of dawn to get your 8 mile run in before your day starts because you can't function otherwise. those of you who have run about a million 5k's (because they're pretty much a jog around the block), half marathons are a little more challenging (but you have completed 2 this year and are registered for 3 more), and a marathon was your lifelong dream (and you accomplished that when you were 15). yeah, all you crazies.i am not one of you. i have never ran in a race before in my life. i do not run because i like it. i do not run because i think it's fun. i do not run because i get a high from it. i run because i have to. because i need to tone up. because i need to build some endurance. because i need to set a goal and stick to it. because my booty needs it. literally.
but this summer, i have started running. i'm still a little here and there in my running routine, but i'm getting there. i'm becoming more committed. i am jealous that there are people out there (you know who you are) who have hit that point where running is just part of your day. it doesn't even phase you to put in 4 miles. and a 7 mile run feels awesome. and you're not even winded. i am envious of you and i loathe you at the same time.
but like i said, i am trying. and i have promised my little sister, katie, that i would run the top of utah half marathon here in logan with her in august (what was i thinking?). so, i've gotta get cracking.
and i need your help.
i only run well when i have good, fun music that has a beat i can pace myself with. without music, i'm worthless. if i don't charge my ipod and it dies on my run, it's almost like torture to finish. pathetic, i know. the problem is, i am sick of the music i have on my ipod and find myself skipping every song on my 5 playlists.
so, let me know what songs get you moving. you fanatical runners, you know you have some favorites. like your power songs. i need numerous power songs. and any other songs that make you forget the blisters on your feet, the shin splints, and the tight lungs.
so please, help a girl out.
9 love notes:
Oo! I've got a few that will get you moving.
Stronger by Kanye West.
Most of the album Fashion Nugget by Cake.
There's a band called The Almost. They are super hardcore and always pump me up.
Hope you enjoy one or two of those! I am also one of those runners who would die without music. Or at least run super duper slow.
No insight on that....but I am envious of you! I'm a non-runner-who-wishes-she-was-a-runner as well...maybe after Baby I can try again....eh, we'll see!
Oh Liz I love to run but it is still HaRd. I didn't run during my 10 day trip and I am feeling it--anxious but nervous to get back into it. Once you get this fabulous power running mix together send it my way, will ya?
Pain by Three Days Grace is awesome!! pushes you when you are in pain!!
good for you though to get going and run a half marathon! that's impressive.
hahahaa i love this so much. i'm in the EXACT same boat as you! you should talk to Kari Gooch, she just ran the Bear Lake marathon, and she's pretty hard core, so you should find out what's on her playlist that keeps her going!
If Nate were here he would say Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. Or anything by Muse!! Have a good run. I'll be thinking of you when I'm sitting on my butt watching TV!
you know what helped me when I ran before I was pregant, and let me just say I am not a runner but I try really hard, was switching between listening to music and listen to books the books kept my interest and it seemed to go so fast.
try starting out your running mix with oldies...like lollipop, my girl, songs like that with a definite beat. they are easy to listen to and the beat makes pacing your self easier. good luck!!!! :)
i seriously didn't start listening to music until I was doing 7+ miles. I'm weird! I'd say in general I like listening to music with a good beat, something that matches my pace. That opens up my options to lots of variety, which is nice on longer runs. But some bands that make me move fassster are:
Michael Jackson (RIP) :)
Daft Punk
Bloc Party
LCD Soundsystem
Keep up the good work. It's been hard for me too! Let me know if you ever need a running partner :)
Post a Comment
i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!