Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

defying gravity

last weekend i got some free tickets to the logan rodeo. i love rodeos and was super excited to go. we had extra tickets so we invited the moss's to join us. and lucky for me, they brought their gorgeous little girl, rachel. we had a great time at dinner and watching the rodeo. however, i have to admit, i was highly distracted by the young girls sitting a few rows in front of us...
seriously, what kind of animal was nested in her hair??! it was absolutely ridiculous and i had to be sneaky and quick trying to get a picture of such a work of art (and i'm not sure if the picture even does the hairstyle any justice). i understand that we girls like a little volume... but come on! that must have taken an entire bottle of aerosol hairspray to create. and then her friend...
seriously, the earrings she was wearing were the size of watermelons (and yes, she has 2 separate pair of earrings separate holes)! here they are resting on her shoulder, but when she was looking forward, the earrings were so heavy that they pulled her earlobes down in a way that looked so painful! i was in awe at how she still had holes in her earlobes and shocked that her skin hadn't succumbed to gravity and let them slip right on through.

we made sure to get some pictures of rachel enjoying the rodeo. she was such a good baby and sat on my lap watching the whole rodeo without making a peep!
this is what we'll look like with a child in about.... 5 years....
the cute parents, mike and michelle
josh and i also got invited from some friends of ours to go rock climbing up in logan canyon. josh took a rock climbing class this past semester and loved it and has been itching to go ever since school got out. i on the other hand had never rock climbed outside and i was a little nervous about it- but once i got going, i loved it! it was fun (and a great workout) and we're excited to go again. josh is doing everything he can to convince me that we need to buy all of our own gear so we can go whenever we want. i think we're going again this saturday so we'll see if i still like it enough to let josh get his way!


11 love notes:

Kristin and Dan said...

Ha ha! !!!! I was laughing so hard at those pics and what you had to say about them! Ha. And good job rock climbing! You are a brave girl to do that!

Bailey Family said...

liz you dangerous girl you!!! That looks intense! way to go at doing that, i would be scared to death!! looks like the hankins are at it again, another fun adventure!

fagergrenfam said...

Liz, once again you made me laugh! Out Loud! You have a wonderful sense of humor. But seriously a girl doesn't need that much volume! Love the rock climbing pics. Takes me back in the days when I was young.

Kimberly Nan said...

Wow dude, doesn't it make you wonder what the hell people see when they look at themselves in the mirror?!
...I hope I don't look that ridiculous.

Katie said...

Now THAT is quality rodeo people watching!

The Kippen House said...

I'm so glad you do that too, Steve thinks I'm a weirdo. That girl's hair was psycho! And there are so many girls that do that to themselves...everyday!!!

I'm jealous of the rock climbing. Steve LOVES it and I really like it (haven't had too much experience) but I obviously couldn't go in my present state. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I really do feel enormous these days...only 5 weeks to go!!!

Mike and Michelle said...

K I am laughing out loud! I didn't think you'd be brave enough to post those pics! No they don't do them justice...I consider myself lucky enough to have seen the phenomenon in person! WOW...you are brave...I'm totally impressed!

Tim and Stephanie said...

That is hilarious!! Big hair gone way too far! So funny!

Brian and Kim said...

You are "freakin funny" (Calvin's words:) Love the rock climbing pics! And I can't wait to see your babes when you have them. But I must insist that you guys come back to SL when you have them. Please!!

Liz Welker said...

HOOOOLY cow...I will never be able to rock climb with you guys, you are insane! Me and adam will just bring a picnic and sit on the low low ground and watch you.

Also, those rodeo pictures are awesome and made my whole day.

Mckade.Stacie.Navie said...

really?!hahaha cant stop laughing! love it

Post a Comment

i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!