Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Wedding Preview

So, I got my bridals taken (haven't gotten them back quite yet) but I do have a couple of pictures that my mom took while Melissa was changing cameras and whatnot. I'm not going to show the full dress in case Josh decides he wants to check our blog but here's a little sneak peak into what April 30th is going to look like...


Here's a little story about my flowers that caused some drama and stress....

So when I met with my florist I didn't know yet if I wanted flowers for my bridals or not so I told her to just not plan on doing them and if I decided I wanted them, I'd take care of it myself (I am a nationally ranked flower ranger for those who didn't know :) ) So, as the day was getting closer, I decided I didn't want to be stressed with having to make my own bouquet so I went to a flower shop nearby and told them exactly what I wanted. The girl had no idea how much it was going to cost so she told me they'd call me Monday morning (the bridals were on Tues) and would tell me how much they were. Monday afternoon at 3:30 I still hadn't heard from them so I called them up and the lady told me that based off of what I had told them, they were only going to do a small bouquet with 3 gerber daisies (no filler flowers or greenery) and a small ribbon to tie it off and it'd be like $40. I was shocked and told her that was ridiculous. She informed me that she would add more flowers to the bouquet but it would cost over $50. I thought that was obsurd especially since I just wanted something small and simple but more importantly, I know how much flowers cost and I know how long it takes for them to make a small bouquet. So, I cancelled my order and decided I'd make it myself. So, it's about 3:45 at this time and I had to be to work in my clothes and everything at 4:30 sharp. My dad said he'd take me over to Sams Club or Costco, we'd look at their flower selection, and I'd probably find something. I chose Sams because it was closer and we hopped into the car, ran into the store, ran to the flower section and what did we find? Absolutely nothing but carnations and yellow gerber daisies. Terrible. We're at about 4:05 at this point in time. I was about to give up but my dad insisted we head to Costco. We zipped over there, ran into the store, found the flower section and... they had my colors! Only bad thing was they only had orange, green, and purple bouquets and then pink and white bouquets. The florist was there arranging flowers and I quickly told her my dilema and how I needed a mixture of the two. She could tell we were in a major hurry so she picked some pink gerbs out of a bundle, threw it into the orange bouquet and sent us on our way. We flew home, I changed my clothes, and made it to work at 4:27. Pretty good timing if you ask me.

So, that was the easy part. After work that night I had to put the flowers together into a bouquet. Sounds easy for someone who has done many arrangements but it's hard when a) it's your own bridal bouquet and nothing is ever perfect and b) I didn't have any of the tools to make it look just right and c) it was about 1 am when I was doing it and I was exhausted from a day at work. To sum up my long story, I finally finished my bouquet and I thought it looked fine. Not the greatest ever but it also didn't cost me $50. Moral of the story- don't trust flower shops. They rip you off. Also, Costco's flower section is SO much better than Sams Club.

4 love notes:

Aubrey Hansen said...

you look so good. Josh is a lucky man.

Collie and Zach said...

OH WOW! Gorgeous! I only have a membership to Costco so good thing they have good flowers. Otherwise whoever is getting them just might get something well not good. I can't wait not to much longer until you are married!

Kellie said...

You look so pretty! I love how long your hair is. I wish mine looked like yours and didnt look nasty when it got too long. Congrats!!

Katie and Shawn said...

You look beautiful! I cant wait to see all the other pictures! I am also impressed at how crafty you are! Your flower look beautiful! I would have just cried! Are you getting excited!?

Post a Comment

i love reading your {happy} thoughts... thanks for commenting!